employU’s adult disability employment services are designed to prepare each participant for the job-seeking process. Our team works one-on-one with customers with disabilities to find the right job for them. It is not just a job search, it is about highlighting a customer’s strengths and abilities to secure long-term employment that is fulfilling and rewarding.
ADULT EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Typically, employU customers are referred by one of our partners.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job. Visit rehabworks.org to find a local office. Select the directory tab and click on the map. Click here to get started with VR.
THE AGENCY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (APD)
Visit apdcares.org to apply for services. It is highly recommended to get on the wait list as employU services can begin once the application has been accepted.
AMERICAN DREAM EMPLOYMENT NETWORK
ADEN is an approved Employment Network operating under Social Security’s Ticket to Work program. Visit americandreamen.org for eligibility requirements.
Adult Employment Services
Vocational and Psychological Evaluations
employU offers Vocational and Psychological Evaluation services. Available in both virtual and in-person formats, these evaluation services work together to provide a clearer, more detailed picture of the best career path for each client.
For more information on Vocational Evaluations click here.
For more information on Psychological Evaluations click here.
Self-Advocacy Workshop, Pre-Employment Training, Job Coaching and Placement
employU’s services allow customers to work with Employment Specialists to find the right career path for them. Our team explores available job opportunities in each customer’s travel radius, accompanies them to interviews, and advocates on their behalf with employers.
We ensure customers have a positive seeking experience and adjust well to their new job roles once they are hired.It is not just a job search, it is about highlighting a customer’s strengths and abilities to secure employment that is fulfilling and rewarding.
For more on Self-Advocacy Workshop, Pre-Employment Training, Job Coaching and Placement click here.
Supported Employment And Discovery Services
employU’s certified specialists are skilled in working with customers at all levels of ability. A customized plan is created for every individual to ensure the proper supports are in place. This is their blueprint for success.
For more information on Supported Employment And Discovery Services click here.
Ticket to Work
Social Security’s Ticket to Work program can help decrease reliance on Social Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI). This program is specifically created to increase financial and independent well-being of program recipients without affecting their benefits.
For more information on Ticket to Work please click here.
Career Counseling and Information Referral Service (CCIRS)
The Career Counseling and Information Referral Service (CCIRS) is a four-hour course required of all participants in a sub-minimum wage program, known as 14(c) entities, under reforms to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). The act states that individuals receiving a sub-minimum wage must have the opportunity to prepare for, obtain, maintain, advance in, or regain competitive integrated employment, including supported or customized employment.
For more information on CCIRS please click here.
employU offers virtual services throughout Florida. No matter where you live in the state, you can gain access to our virtual services.
For more information on Virtual Services click here.
For the first time, we found ourselves in need of a job coach for our disabled grandson. We needed someone who specialized in assisting him to learn and accurately carry out his job duties. A job coach is allowed on the job site to coach on the premises. They are also able to explain to management personnel how to best assist him to success.
We vetted 3 companies referred to us by Agency for Persons with Disabilities before we decided on employU. We felt they could best meet our grandson's needs.
Our job coach, Jernice has met our expectations. She attends meetings, and provides real-time feedback to us to ensure we are all on the same page. Her passion for assisting our grandson is recognized by all.
We highly recommend employU to anyone who is considering career coaching to enhance their career. They are very beneficial and can gain access and insight where family members cannot.
Thanks for all that you do!!
- "I was being discriminated for my hearing disability at a previous employer. I was so upset and stressed about my employment. So that's when [VR] introduced me to Susan Marino. She has been a true blessing and still remains [in communication] with me with assisting me with my current position... [She has] been there for me for so many things. I appreciate [her] in so many ways...There are no words to express the gratitude I have."
- "Susan maintains a competent and professional demeanor in dealing with her clients and the public. She is very courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. Susan answered all my son's questions promptly and accurately. She always follows through and finds the answers to any questions and reports back to her clients promptly. Susan has excellent customer service. She is able to troubleshoot and solves all work-related problems quickly and efficiently."
- "This was my first time doing a virtual class and it was pretty fun. Usually I'm not the type of person to really talk that much in the classrooms but I ended up talking a LOT more than I expected. Ashley was very detailed with her wording and also made things easier for my mind. All of my questions were answered and I feel hyped to find a job and improve myself even more."
- "I found [the virtual class] to be very helpful and informative. A lot better than I expected. "
- "employU is really well rounded and sees the complete picture of employment. Thank you for appointing Anthony to serve as my son Brandon’s Employment Specialist. When we started the process with employU it was amazing from the beginning to the end. Anthony was kind and patient with Brandon and assisted him with his paperwork, job coaching and even asked about Brandon’s passions to get a 'right fit' for employment. Anthony assured me that he would find him the right job because the sky was the limit for Brandon."
- "I am happy to share with you that [employU employment specialist] Ms. Novak found a job for me which I began this past Saturday, and I can honestly say that the job seems well suited to my needs as well as my personality. I can not speak highly enough about the dedication Ms. Novak demonstrated...”
- “My husband and I want to give you the most profound thanks for all your help and willingness for this new challenge in Osvaldo’s life. Thank you because it was not only beneficial to Osvaldo but in my own life too. We are very grateful for everything we have learned. You were a great inspiration for my husband and I. You are awesome, thank you, thank you!! We give you a 100+”