You may just be starting out with employment services, and if so, wondering what that process looks like. The graphic below is a quick overview to give you a better understanding of how you become an employU customer and what happens once you do.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job. Visit rehabworks.org to find a local office. Select the directory tab and click on the map.
Or click below to get started with VR.
Our Other Partners
employU Programs and Services
Now offering services from the comfort of your own home.
- Vocation Evaluations
- WIPA Services
- Pre-Employment Training Workshops for Adult customers
- Self-Advocacy and Work Readiness Training for Youth Customers
- Career Camps
Adult Employment Services
- Employment Training: Learn how to become a professional job seeker
- Job Placement: We will help you find the right job fit.
- Job Retention: Our job coaches will assist you to ensure you have a mentor.
Transition Youth Program
- Work Readiness Training: Learn what employers look for and how to find the right job for you.
- Self Advocacy: We will teach you how to start the path towards independence.
- Paid Work-Based Learning: Earn money while you learn different types of jobs, gain valuable skills and connections.
Vocational & Psychological Evaluations
Explore your work interests, discover your aptitudes and skills, and formulate a career plan.
- My experience with employU was a great one; it allowed me to practice not only graphic design and comic creation, but how to work from home, work around a schedule, and pay attention to the needs of a client when creating something meant to help others.
For the first time, we found ourselves in need of a job coach for our disabled grandson. We needed someone who specialized in assisting him to learn and accurately carry out his job duties. A job coach is allowed on the job site to coach on the premises. They are also able to explain to management personnel how to best assist him to success.
We vetted 3 companies referred to us by Agency for Persons with Disabilities before we decided on employU. We felt they could best meet our grandson's needs.
Our job coach, Jernice has met our expectations. She attends meetings, and provides real-time feedback to us to ensure we are all on the same page. Her passion for assisting our grandson is recognized by all.
We highly recommend employU to anyone who is considering career coaching to enhance their career. They are very beneficial and can gain access and insight where family members cannot.
Thanks for all that you do!!
- "I was being discriminated for my hearing disability at a previous employer. I was so upset and stressed about my employment. So that's when [VR] introduced me to Susan Marino. She has been a true blessing and still remains [in communication] with me with assisting me with my current position... [She has] been there for me for so many things. I appreciate [her] in so many ways...There are no words to express the gratitude I have."
- "Susan maintains a competent and professional demeanor in dealing with her clients and the public. She is very courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. Susan answered all my son's questions promptly and accurately. She always follows through and finds the answers to any questions and reports back to her clients promptly. Susan has excellent customer service. She is able to troubleshoot and solves all work-related problems quickly and efficiently."
- "This was my first time doing a virtual class and it was pretty fun. Usually I'm not the type of person to really talk that much in the classrooms but I ended up talking a LOT more than I expected. Ashley was very detailed with her wording and also made things easier for my mind. All of my questions were answered and I feel hyped to find a job and improve myself even more."
- "I found [the virtual class] to be very helpful and informative. A lot better than I expected. "
- "employU is really well rounded and sees the complete picture of employment. Thank you for appointing Anthony to serve as my son Brandon’s Employment Specialist. When we started the process with employU it was amazing from the beginning to the end. Anthony was kind and patient with Brandon and assisted him with his paperwork, job coaching and even asked about Brandon’s passions to get a 'right fit' for employment. Anthony assured me that he would find him the right job because the sky was the limit for Brandon."
- "I am happy to share with you that [employU employment specialist] Ms. Novak found a job for me which I began this past Saturday, and I can honestly say that the job seems well suited to my needs as well as my personality. I can not speak highly enough about the dedication Ms. Novak demonstrated...”
- "Ms. Hollimon has ...been successful in advocating for Gabrielle to secure a volunteer opportunity at the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). This is a great opportunity for Gabrielle to acquire much-needed training, in that Gabrielle desires to eventually work as a Veterinary Assistant. We are very pleased with the quality of service Ms. Hollimon and employU has consistently provided. Hopefully, Gabrielle’s journey will serve to inspire others."
- "Just a note to let you know of your great employee, Jennifer Vickery. She is such a joy to work with. She always follows through with things and is great at helping parents like myself with returning phone calls, etc. It is employees like her that make your company shine! I always know when I don’t understand something she is there to help! My grandson, Noah, has been with your company just shy of two years. He loves going to work and has grown so much. Thanks for everything and my best to Jennifer."
- “My husband and I want to give you the most profound thanks for all your help and willingness for this new challenge in Osvaldo’s life. Thank you because it was not only beneficial to Osvaldo but in my own life too. We are very grateful for everything we have learned. You were a great inspiration for my husband and I. You are awesome, thank you, thank you!! We give you a 100+”