Prepare for your meeting with VR
When it comes time to meet with your VR Counselor, make sure you are prepared to get the most of out of your meeting. This first meeting can take place in the VR office, over the phone, or through video chat. The meeting will last about at least an hour. Your VR counselor will ask you about the following topics during your meeting;
- Your work history information
- Jobs or fields you are interested in
- Your disability
- Your finances
- Your Supports
Make sure to bring the following to the meeting with your VR counselor;
- Recent medical or psychological reports (within the last 3 years)
- Your physician's name and address
- Your social security card
- Your health insurance card
- Proof that you are permitted to work in the United States, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Your Medicare or Medicaid card
- Current income information such as current W2s and tax returns (form 1040)
You can also prepare by reading VR's handbook linked here.
After the meeting, your VR counselor may send you for additional evaluations or assessments, at no cost to you, if additional information is required. VR will use this information to determine your eligibility. Eligibility Determinations can take up to 60 days to make.
Of course, if you have any questions along the way you may reach out to our staff for assistance. We are here to help you navigate the journey to achieving your goals each step of the way. Simply call us at (407) 598-0202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.