VIRTUAL SELF-ADVOCACY TRAINING WORKSHOPS
The Virtual Self-Advocacy Workshop is an interactive 20-hour training where participants will learn by doing while having fun in a safe, positive environment. At the end of the course, participants will;
- Have the confidence to speak for themselves
- Effectively communicate their needs and feelings
- Understand positive thinking, attitude, and goals
- Have a clear picture of their skills and interests
- Create a professional resume
Classes will include guest speakers on a variety of subjects from banking, stress management, and industry professionals in manufacturing, teachers, nurses, and other in-demand careers.
VIRTUAL WORK READINESS TRAINING WORKSHOPS
The Virtual Work Readiness Training prepares students with practical skills they will need to enter the workforce. Each 20-hour workshop is designed to help students;
- Identify possible career interests
- Set and track goals
- Develop communication and conflict resolution skills
- Build a resume and cover letter
- Learn the dos and don’ts of interviewing including practicing interview skills
- Learn how to be a good employee
- Explore transportation options
- Develop budgeting skills
VIRTUAL CAREER CAMPS FOR TRANSITION YOUTH CUSTOMERS
Career Camps are a 20 or 40-hour exploration into different career fields for students to discover there are more opportunities available to them than they ever imagined! Students can receive a tax-free stipend of up to $50 per day for each day of camp! During career camp students will learn;
- About the post-secondary options available
- How to navigate the college application process and financial aid
- Explore a wide variety of career industries by learning from guest speakers
- Goal setting and career planning
- Banking and budgeting
VIRTUAL VOCATIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS
Many of the same Vocational and Psychological Evaluation services we offer for clients are now available online. We can host real time client interviews and proctored academic, IQ, and vocational interest testing via the web. All testing instruments are normed for a remote testing environment.
Vocational Evaluations are a one or two-day assessment customized to assess a student’s skills, aptitude, and interests to determine possible career paths and relevant post-secondary training options.
Generally, the Vocational Evaluation determines these results by using information such as the student’s;
- Living situation
- Employment status and history
- Availability of transportation
- Medical history
- Abilities and limitations
Psychological Evaluations are administered by a State of Florida Licensed Psychologist and can identify strengths and weaknesses in the areas of cognitive, behavioral, and social/emotional/developmental functioning to help guide recommendations for appropriate academic goals and/or work settings.
During these evaluations, customers and evaluators are able to see and interact with each other through online teleconferencing system, making it essentially the same experience as the face-to-face evaluation.