Your Path to Employment
Developing Great Work Habits
There’s a saying, “Don’t work harder, work smarter.” That may be true, but especially when starting a new job, it’s very important to work harder and smarter.
Your new job is a great opportunity to develop excellent work habits.
Here are some important tips to remember:
- Make sure to listen more than you talk; “When you have nothing to say, say nothing.” – Charles Caleb Colton.
- Take notes during meetings and training.
- When you are not sure how to complete your work, ask for clarification right away. Do not make assumptions.
- Be a problem solver and volunteer if given an opportunity.
- Don’t expect special favors or ask for them.
- Keep your work relationships on a professional level.
- Do not mix your personal life and your work life.
- Avoid gossip and criticism.
- Do not use company phones or equipment for personal needs.