employU is now offering virtual services to assist our clients from the comfort of their own home. These services resemble our in-person services but in an interactive, virtual format.
Participants of Virtual Opportunities Must Have:
Computer (no tablets)
Microphone and video capability
Basic computer and typing skills
VIRTUAL VOCATIONAL EVALUATIONS
Many of the same Vocational Evaluation services we offer for youth and adult clients are now available online. We can host real time client interviews and proctored academic, IQ, and vocational interest testing via the web. All testing instruments are normed for a remote testing environment. Customers and Vocational Evaluators are able to see and interact with each other through online teleconferencing system, making it essentially the same experience as the face-to-face evaluation.
VIRTUAL PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS
employU is proud to now offer virtual psychological evaluation services to adult and youth VR clients. Administered by a State of Florida Licensed Psychologist, the psychological evaluation is a useful tool in assessing the individual’s:
- Cognitive and learning abilities
- Intellectual functioning
- Academic achievement
- Educational aptitude
- Perceptual and mental or emotional status
Through a structured interview process, psychological evaluators can identify strengths and weaknesses in the areas of cognitive, behavioral, and social/emotional/developmental functioning to help guide recommendations for appropriate academic goals and/or work settings. Additionally, evaluations identify any emotional or mental health issues which may pose a barrier to employment.
VIRTUAL WORK INCENTIVE PLANNING & ASSISTANCE (WIPA) SERVICES
Recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) can be referred to employU to speak with a Certified Work Incentive Practitioner. Our program provides an easy to access entry point for recipients to acquire initial and ongoing benefits support they need to attain, maintain and advance in employment.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors Can Expect to Receive:
- Analysis and verification of a customer’s benefits
- Benefits Summary and Analysis report (BS&A) customized to each customer
- A copy of the Benefits Planning Query (BPQY) from the Social Security Administration
- Continued short and long-term customer support
VIRTUAL PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING (PPT) WORKSHOP FOR ADULT CUSTOMERS
Our Virtual Pre-Employment Placement Training (PPT) is a program designed to engage adult customers through interactive games and quizzes, while covering topics such as self-esteem and motivational skills, verbal and non-verbal communication, “selling yourself” to a potential employer, interview skills and resume building, networking, and mock interviews.
Participants will learn how to structure a resume that matches what employers are looking for, interview professionally, gain confidence in presentation skills, and overcome today’s challenges with applications and personality assessments. They will also learn multiple job search methods to find the right job.
The Schedule is as Follows:
- Day One (5 hours): Positive Attitude and Confidence, Positive Self-Talk, Setting and Achieving Goals, Selling Points (Elevator Speech), Communication Skills and Body Language
- Day Two (5 hours): Conflict Resolution, Interview Skills, Commonly Asked Interview Questions, Mock Interviews, Appropriate Dress, Social Media and Online Networking, Email Guidelines
- Day Three (5 hours): Assertiveness, Resume Tips/ Development, Job Descriptions and Job Search, Basic Job Application, Planning for the Future, Career Interest Survey, Stress Management
- Day Four (5 hours): How to Follow-up After an Interview, Being a Great Employee, Positive Affirmations, Reality of Work, Transportation Options, Budgeting, ABLE United
VIRTUAL SELF-ADVOCACY AND WORK READINESS TRAINING WORKSHOPS FOR TRANSITION YOUTH CUSTOMERS
The Virtual Self-Advocacy Workshop is an interactive 20-hour training where participants will learn by doing while having fun in a safe, positive environment. At the end of the course, participants will have the confidence to speak for themselves, effectively communicate their needs and feelings; understand positive thinking, attitude, and goals; have a clear picture of their skills and interests; and walk away with a professional resume. Classes will include guest speakers on a variety of subjects from banking, stress management, and industry professionals in manufacturing, teachers, nurses, and other in-demand careers.
The Virtual Work Readiness Training prepares students with practical skills they will need to enter the workforce. Each 20-hour workshop is designed to help students identify possible career interests, set and track goals, develop communication and conflict resolution skills, build a resume and cover letter, learn the dos and don’ts of interviewing including practicing interview skills, how to be a good employee, explore transportation options, and develop budgeting skills.
VIRTUAL CAREER CAMPS FOR TRANSITION YOUTH CUSTOMERS
Career Camps are a 20 or 40-hour exploration into different career fields for students to discover there are more opportunities available to them than they ever imagined! Previously, career camps have been in-person-only events hosted by employU across the state, from West Palm Beach to Jacksonville.
Now employU is taking the traditional camp experience online in our inaugural Virtual Career Camp season. Career Camp will still include presentations by guest speakers and tours of different work environments, only this time it will all be done from the comfort of each participant’s home as they engage in an interactive virtual experience.
Virtual Career Camp Dates (subject to change):
- June 15th – 26th, Ten-Day Career Camp Monday-Friday only (no weekends)
- June 22nd – July 3rd, Ten-Day Career Camp Monday-Friday only (no weekends)
- July 6th – 10th, Five-Day Career Camp
- July 6th – 17th, Ten-Day Career Camp Monday-Friday only (no weekends)
- July 13th – 24th, Ten-Day Career Camp Monday-Friday only (no weekends)
- July 20th – July 31st, Ten-Day Career Camp Monday-Friday only (no weekends)